Micromanaging your negative keywords might be a tedious task. To ease out, grouping common set of negative keywords helps organize your account. Negative Keyword List spares marketers the time spent in manually adding the same set of keywords across campaigns.
Learning about its importance makes it all the more crucial to include it as part of your account. In this post, we discuss some of the action steps to be taken when creating or managing your negative keyword list.
Here are the 5 best practices to follow for your Negative Keyword List:
1) Make sure that the keywords added in your negative keyword list are not being bidded for in the associated campaigns. It would result in the negative keyword conflicting with your bidded keyword. So, double-check on any new or existing negative keyword in your list to check if they are stopping your bidded keyword from functioning.
2) You should segment your negative keyword lists. Separating your negative keyword lists would make your campaign organized and also help in easily recognizing the list that you need to associate your campaigns with. Also, while adding or removing negative keyword from any list, it becomes simpler to scan through where to add or delete from. Refer our post about 9 types of negative keyword lists to use for more details.
3) Ensure that you assign the right negative keyword list with a newly launched campaign. Not choosing the right list would block its reach before it even trying to reach its target audience. So using the relevant list will increase the chances of getting more qualified leads and more sales. Our post can shed more light on the best practices to make sure that your negative keyword task is a success.
4) Google Keyword Planner is one handy source to find negative keywords. But it requires manual intervention to identify and add the negative keywords to your list. For large accounts, this can be a time-consuming task.
To save your time and money, you can take help from an automation tool that helps to identify negative keywords in bulk and in one go. We have an automation tool, Negative Keywords Tool that helps identify irrelevant keywords.
5) Keep in mind not to repeat the negative keywords in your campaign if it already been added in an associated list. It will control unwanted clutter and also help you easily track where the negative keywords were added.